Monday 9 April, 2007

Being ThoughtFOOL

"The biggest room on earth is the room for improvement" - Driven by such inspirational German Paradigms (The paradigms are inspirational and not the Germans I mean), I ve finally decided to strain my sluggish forelimbs to type out an article for this blog because of two very important reasons:

1. I have nothing else to do

2. Even the idea of doing something makes me tired.

I have always been known as the person who has been blessed with the laziest set of bones the civilization has ever produced and the effort taken by me to type out something that about half a dozen visitors / year (you see I am a big time optimist...) would care to look at should be comprehended...

The Name that I had to choose for the blogger consumed atleast a thousand kilocalories (Medical Encyclopedias say an Active Brain consumes Hell a Lot of energy.... but only while it thinks) and I could not come up with any better than the one I chose - "Being ThoughtFOOL". I would have loved to prove how apt the Title is but as I ve already stated... I am too idle to think of an explaination right now. My Idle attitude towards life surfaced from my school days itself.

"Mahadevan, You are an Idol (or Idle,, huh)" is what one of my Class Teachers told me on my dismal performance in the exams that included a 3/40 in Biology. For ages I tried deciphering why did my teacher eulogise on my pathetic performance. Its only later that I realised that she would have meant "IDLE" and not "IDOL"...

There is a Golden Rule of being Idle, as Jerome K. Jerome puts it..."It is impossible to enjoy idling unless you have plenty of work to do." Well unfortunately we had a difference of a century between our births else I bet a 100$ that we would have been the best of buddies. I have adopted this principle of his in my daily routine to a great effect. The real joy of being lazy and Idling is when you are down with maximum work, when the Inbox is full of High Priority Change Requests (Guess I ve given clue that I am a Programmer..) or you have other important commitments. And suppose I am to get up early in the morning for some reason, that is the time I feel like spending an extra hour on my bed.


Now that I ve given a hint of what to expect from this blogger, let me now explain how did I come with an idea to create one. I was dawdling and chatting with a friend who regularly posts articles on his blogs (as long as I read his articles, I have a feeling mine is the Second to Worst blogger in this Universe...). I told him that I too was planning to explore this unchartered territory and said "I am planning to put up articles on something that no previous human being has ever said a word - a subject that will stimulate, freshn and invigorate all men (it cant invigorate women as it requires brains to be invigorated…)reading it..". He laughed and appreciated my sense of humour. Now thats my rotten luck. When I make serious observations people chuckle; when I attempt a joke nobody sees it. Thats my incident of "being thoughtFOOL"....

Welcome Aboard!!!! And watch out the space for more thoughtFOOLness...

(p.s. If you happen to read it till here, thats Your Quota of being thoughtFOOL.. common you have a lot of productive work to do... )

1 comment:

Anuja said...

It is an awesome article to begin with...Very well compiled...Well just the male chauvinism showing fro once...But guess men will remain men!!! But a great effort and it is real fun to read the article!!!